This weekend, we continued with our series How to Overcome Sin and discussed the importance of Sanctification in a Christian’s life. Robert Mounce wisely said, “Any justification that doesn’t lead to sanctification is a sham.” So, here are some basic points that we gleaned from Romans 6.
Obedience and Identification (vv. 1-4)
A New Life (v. 4b)
Hope (vv. 5ff.)
Self-control (vv. 12ff)
A Willing Heart (v. 17)
So here are some questions to answer, consider it a quiz, to determine whether or not Sanctification is happening in your life.
- Do you have an increasing desire for the things of God?
- Are you better today than you were yesterday?
- Have you become a go-to person for The Lord and your church?
- Do you think less of yourself in day-to-day matters?
- Do you act like the person God has made you regardless of who is around?
Hear the audio at http://www.nccmiami.com/media