As you know, I enjoy reading…especially if I feel like the reading I’m doing is helping me personally. Well, I recently received a small gift from a friend and I wanted to share a few things that I gained from it. The book is call Make Today Count by John Maxwell.
- Have a purpose worth living for. For us, we do all things to the glory of God (1 Corinthians 10:31).
- Do work you enjoy. So much stress is caused by the work we “must” do rather than the work we “get” to do. Try your best to set yourself up for success.
- Find your pace. Mickey Mantle once quipped, “If I had known I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself.” Pace yourself for the journey.
- Accept your personal worth. God cares for you deeply. The Bible teaches this repeatedly.
- Laugh. Proverbs 17:22 teaches us, “A joyful heart is good medicine.” We don’t laugh enough. It’s a gift. Laugh as much as possible!
Make the Days Count,