This weekend at New City Church, we covered the 3rd installment for our It Starts Here series. It went really well, and we’re learning a lot about the Christian faith that we hold so dear. In particular, the 3rd installment covered faith.
Faith is sometimes complicated thing, but in its simplest definition it means to trust. So, the question is, Do we or don’t we trust God–even with the most difficult circumstances? Well, here are 6 reasons why we should trust God.
- We should trust God because He is WISE.
- Psalm 147:5: “Great is our Lord, and abundant in power; his understanding is beyond measure.”
- We should trust God because He is STRONG.
- Jeremiah 16:19: “O Lord, my strength and my stronghold, my refuge in the day of trouble.”
- We should trust God because He is HOLY.
- Isaiah 6:3: “Holy, holy, holy, is the Lord of hosts; the whole earth is full of his glory.”
- We should trust God because He is MERCIFUL and GRACIOUS.
- Psalm 86:15: “But you, O Lord, are a God merciful and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love and faithfulness.”
- We should trust God because He is TRUE.
- Proverbs 30:5: “Every word of God proves true.”
- We should trust God because He LOVES us.
- John 3:16: “God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believe in him should not perish but have eternal life.”
The next time someone asks you why you are a believer, or you find yourself lacking faith (see Mark 9:24), remember these 6 simple reasons to trust God.