If you read Ephesians chapter 1, particularly verses 11-14, you’ll learn that Christians are…
FED by the Spirit
There are 3 things in particular the the Spirit “feeds” Christians. As you read Ephesians 1, you can see the independence and the intersection within the Trinity in regards to salvation. Thus, Christians are “fed”:
- Salvation: All 3 Persons of the Trinity are involved in our salvation!
- Security: “sealed with the promised Holy Spirit” (Ephesians 1:13).
- Inheritance: The Spirit of God is a “down payment” or “guarantee” of our inheritance.
LED by the Spirit
There are at least 2 ways in which Christians are led by the Spirit. This is seen early in Ephesians 1:3-5. They’re led:
- In godliness: Jesus said, “I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth, for he will not speak of his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come. He will glorify me, for he will take what is mine and declare it to you” (John 16:12-14).
- In holiness: Peter reminds the church, “As obedient children, do not be conformed to the passion of your former ignorance, but as he who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct, since it is written, ‘You shall be holy, for I am holy’” (1 Peter 1:14-16).
Whether it’s used for personal growth and maturity, or for a home Bible study, I hope that this brief outline is helpful to you.